We are seeking a reliable, professional Armed Security Officer with flexible/open availability to join the Draken team. As a Armed Security Officer for Draken Security, you will be responsible for the safety and security of the area assigned and all building staff/tenants and visitors alike. You will operate, monitor, and respond to emergency and non-emergency calls for service. You must understand and overcome obstacles/challenges in clients’ safety, privacy, or peace of mind.
Following the Coronavirus disease pandemic and “Stay-at-Home, Stay Safe,” our private company, Draken Security has been deemed an Essential Service.
All candidates must meet the requirements to be a licensed armed security officer in the State of California.
- Apply knowledge of security and fire/life/safety procedures to assignments of varying complexity
- Ability to complete security logs, incident reports, and other documentation.
- Stays current on all departmental policies and procedures.
- Answer incoming phone calls, monitor security e-mailbox, and monitors alarms systems.
- Ability to evaluate emergency and non-emergency situations and the ability to multitask.
- Communicate with security/police agencies to coordinate emergency/non-emergency information in real-time.
- Communicates effectively on radio and in-person
- Ability to use proper security/police terminology to disseminate/receive information from internal patrol and contract security services for emergent and non-emergent calls for service. (Calls received by radio, telephone, passersby)
- Knowledge of DAR report keeping and logging of vital information
- Valid BSIS armed guard card and Firearm license as required in California
- Valid CPR/First Aid/AED certification
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to operate under any weather condition
- Willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including background
- As a function of the mobile security unit, must be able to maintain physical readiness to respond to an attack or hazard at all times.
- Maintain physicality to stand on your feet for several hours without a break, provide protective coverage during physically taxing activities including running, as well as maintain long schedules in the field.