We are seeking for a reliable, professional and a competent Security Officer to join the Draken team. As a Security Officer for Draken Security you will be responsible for the safety and security of all building staff/tenants and visitors alike. You will operate, monitor, and respond to emergency and non-emergency calls for service. You must understand and overcome obstacles/challenges in clients’ safety, privacy, or peace of mind.
Security Officer: operates, monitors, and responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
Is responsible for the safety and security of all building staff/tenants and visitors alike.
Understands and overcomes obstacles/challenges in clients’ safety, privacy, or peace of mind.
- Applies knowledge of security and fire/life/safety procedures to assignments of varying complexity.
- Stays current on all departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete security logs, incident reports, and other documentation.
- Communicates effectively on radio and in person.
- Answer incoming phone calls, monitor security e-mailbox, and monitors alarms systems.
- Ability to evaluate emergency and non-emergency situations and the ability to multitask.
- Communicate with security/police agencies to coordinate emergency/non-emergency information in real-time.
- Ability to use proper security/police terminology to disseminate/receive information from internal patrol and contract security services for emergent and non-emergent calls for service. (Calls received by radio, telephone, passersby).
- Ability to operate an access control system.
- Knowledge of CCTV system established protocols/operations of all equipment including tracking maintenance needs of cameras, servers.
- Ability to learn camera locations and positions and understand the difference of PTZs vs Fixed. Monitor suspect(s) movement for in-progress investigations and all recent activity.
- Knowledge of DAR report keeping and logging of vital information.
- Valid guard card/license, as required in California. Required
- Valid CPR/First Aid/AED certification. Required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate under any weather condition.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Reliable transportation.
- Willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including background.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Access control
- First responder for emergencies
- Maintaining connectivity across multiple sites
- Identifying threats and suspicious activity via a wide network of security technology systems
- Personal security and escort services for executives and at-risk individuals
- Conduct safety and security audits of assigned property
- Incident Management and Reporting
- Cultivating positive relationships with local law enforcement and security services
- Prepare and disseminate standardized and routine reports
- As a function of the mobile security unit, must be able to maintain physical readiness to respond to an attack or hazard at all times.
- Maintain physicality to stand on your feet for several hours without a break, provide protective coverage during physically taxing activities including running, as well as maintain long schedules in the field.
- Ability to multitask
- Critical Thinker
- Detail oriented
- Organizational Skills
- Adapts to change
- MS Office proficiency
- Basic computer comprehension skills
*Overnight shift differential*